Friday, August 6, 2010

Drive!

I'm in for a new challenge: Learn how to Drive!!!

I've enrolled at Odyssey Driving School. A 10 hour basic course on driving. It was supposed to be a two-hour per day class but I compressed it to 3-days only. I had two 4 hour straight session and a 2 hour session on the third day.

During my first day: Its not my first time to take the wheel as I've had driving time with the office car at the terminal whenever possible but still I was nervous. After orientation on the tips and techniques, I was on the go. The route started at the diversion road there at Taguanao. We then proceeded to Macapagal Avenue for my U turn lesson. Then to P.N. Roa where we exited at Greenhills, Bulua Highway. Caught in Traffic near makro where my Engine stopped. Argh! (Some drivers really need to be patient specially when they see CAUTION: STUDENT DRIVER hanging at the back bumper). We went to Velez St. then to divisoria, then Tiano then back at the their office. So much for my first day. Never thought it would be tiring but I asked for it...

The second 4-hour straight session: I started to handle the wheel from their office, proceeded again to Taguanao, then to Lumbia, then to a place nearin Dansolihan (daw). I had my 3 point turn there then we went back to Macapagal Avenue then P.N Roa and exited at Kinasanghan, Iponan then proceeded to Opol... So much for highway driving. It rained. Good thing windshield wipers are not that distracting than I assumed. We went back to the city proper.

The remaining 2 hour session: My lesson started at Divisioria. Parking lessons! Whew! Then off to Cogon Market (heavy traffic!) then to Limketkai (hello humps!) the some more parking (vertical, diagonal, parallel!) then back to their office :)

I like how Odyssey incorporated the advocacy for safe and defensive driving. Even though I find lectures to be boring, I decided to enroll with them because of their lectures and seminar. I wrote this entry not to advertise or promote odyssey but since they have been my partner in learning how to drive, I recommend them. So if you want to know more, check it out here.

Now, on to the next step: Upgrade the Student Permit. Get Non-professional License! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MakE mY DaY and sHow sOme ♥♥♥